Today's world is a fast-changing, competitive environment that demands much. The right high school gives teenagers the foundation on which to build their future success. Bishop John J. Snyder High School offers a rigorous academic curriculum, coupled with an environment that encourages self-reliance, resourcefulness and mutual respect. Our Catholic faith is evident in all that we do and is welcoming to students of all religions. Athletics and extra-curricular activities give students additional opportunities to grow and learn about themselves and how to treat others.
We are committed to ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE.
● Advanced Placement, Honors and Standard classes and schedules are set to maximize each student's academic potential.
● Quality educators who are professional, state-certified teachers prepare students for college with effective teaching methods.
● The rigorous college preparatory curriculum sets the standard so our students reach and achieve success in the college of their choice.
● Small class sizes provide one-on-one interactions encouraging communication, creativity and collaboration.
● Our high academic standards have measurable success rates with exceptional AP pass rates and SAT/ACT test scores.
● Students can explore their creative side or choose to enhance their academics with a diverse set of elective courses.
We provide college and personal counseling RESOURCES.
● Students are assigned to professionally-trained and educated school counselors.
● Students receive college counseling starting freshmen year with their initial counselor appointment.
● Every student is assigned to the Naviance College Guidance, an interactive web-based college and career research program, which counselors utilize with students to regularly review college and career options.
● Personal counseling is available through Guidance and Campus Ministry.
● Evening programs for parents provide information on college tuition assistance, college placement testing and other opportunities.
We use TECHNOLOGY with a purpose.
● Today's student learns differently than his or her parents. We give students options to learn in a way that meets their individual styles.
● Bring Your Own Device is the technology policy we adopted in 2013 so that students can choose from iPads, laptops, e-Readers or traditional textbooks.
● Google Drive is used by students and faculty for collaborative teamwork and document sharing. Each student is assigned a school-issued gmail account for accountability and security.
● Students have access to the Tierney Media Center with fully integrated learning resources including Chrome Books, iPads, SmartBoard, multi-media devices and more.
● Campus-wide, filtered Wi-Fi access gives students the ability to surf safely online.
We offer competitive ATHLETICS.
● JV and Varsity-level programs offer opportunities for student-athletes to make the most of their talents.
● Students can choose from 16 FHSAA sanctioned teams and individual sports.
● We have a proven track record with teams and individuals advancing to district, regional and state championships.
● Student-athletes have opportunities to participate on successful goal-oriented teams with an emphasis on sportsmanship.
We have a dynamic FINE ARTS program.
● Students find many ways to let their creative talents shine by exploring the Fine Arts at Snyder.
● Students in Chorus perform at special Masses, in the community and at competition.
● Band and Drumline are options for students to develop and showcase their musical skills.
● Drama is an outlet for thespians to hone their acting skills. All students are encouraged to try out for the fall drama production or be a part of the spring musical produced on our state-of-the-art stage. All music students (band, chorus, guitar) participate in our Winter Music Showcase.
● Artistically-inclined students showcase their talents at the Spring Arts Festival.
● Yearbook class continues to publish an award-winning book offering students skills in graphic design, layout and journalism skills.
● The Cardinal Chronicles, our student based newspaper, provides business skills with writing and layout experience. Members of the Yearbook staff work throughout the year to craft an annual that will become a treasured keepsake.
● Our art studio course progression allows the serious art student to develop a portfolio and artist's statement over the four years of high school.
Our school culture encourages FELLOWSHIP.
● High School should be four memorable years of fun and friendship. At Snyder, students participate in extra-curricular activities that make memories for a lifetime.
● Homecoming Week is a favorite at Snyder. Students love Homecoming Week because of theme days, competitions and activities that let kids have fun and build positive high school memories. Friday night football and a Homecoming Dance complete the tradition.
● When we celebrate Catholic Schools Week, we do it big! From our opening Mass to Food Truck Wednesday, lunchtime karaoke and a student variety show, we recognize the benefits of a Catholic education.
● Coaches, teachers and club organizers understand the lifetime benefits of fellowship by planning special events and activities to encourage lasting friendships are made here.
We believe CHRISTIAN SERVICE is a priority.
● All students are required to provide 25 hours of Christian Service to their community through volunteerism. Service hours are an important component to earning Bright Futures Scholarship Awards.
● The Office of Campus Ministry helps make service a rewarding, easy and fun experience.
● Many opportunities are presented to show that "Christ has no hands on earth but ours."(St. Teresa of Avila).
We COMMUNICATE with you.
● We never forget that parents and guardians are the most important role models in the lives of their students.
● Frequent communication from the school is issued through newsletters sent via email.
● Our website is updated continuously to remain current and informative.
● We use a parent portal which allows students and parents to monitor grades and maintain effective communication with the faculty. A phone alert system is used for emergencies and important reminders.
We are PREPARING THE WAY.
● We recognize the importance of providing a value-based education.
● Graduates from Bishop John J. Snyder High School have been admitted to the nation's top colleges and universities matriculating from those institutions into fulfilling careers, graduate schools and military accomplishments.
● Following the example of our patron saint, John the Baptist, we are preparing each student to meet the challenges of their teenage years and to prepare for college life.
● A continuous focus on the whole person is a hallmark of our mission of competence, conscience and compassion.
We are CATHOLIC.
● WELCOMING students of all faiths. Catholicism is universal and our Catholic schools embrace each student, respecting their religious beliefs and background.
● FAITHFUL to the Gospel Values - We give students the courage to be individuals and empower them to become competent, conscientious and compassionate adults.
● DEVOTED to the Eucharist, we celebrate weekly Mass and have an open chapel, allowing students the opportunity to reflect and pray throughout the day.
● DEDICATED to the teachings of the Catholic Church Our mission is to ensure that students have opportunities to strengthen their personal faith through religion classes, spiritual retreats, weekly Mass and the examples set forth by one another.